Sr. Art Director
Los Angeles | Creative | Apply Now
IQ is looking for a talented Senior Art Director with 4-6 years’ experience to join our Creative Group in the LA area.
You will be responsible for contributing to the development, presentation and execution of creative concepts for clients.
The best fit for this role will possess a wide range of design experience including banner ads, websites, direct mail, branding, logo design, billboards, apps, etc. You are passionate about concepting strategic, integrated campaigns, as well as designing beautiful experiences. The ideal candidate has the ability to take an ordinary client request and turn it into a project people will fight to work on.
You're capable of working closely with your team creating quality deliverables whether 6 feet, or 6 states, away. This is a remote role, with a need to be on-site with the client 1-2 times a week and tremendous opportunity for creative leadership and growth.
Creative Lead on Ad Campaigns
Would involve concepting and working closely with copywriter
Hands-on design work and oversight of items such as:
- Display Banner ads (creating storyboards to be animated by our Dev team)
- Social Ads / Posts, On-screen ads, In-branch ads,
- Website landing pages (creating mockups to be delivered to client to implement on their end)
- Videos (creating storyboards to be animated by our video team).
Client Facing Responsibilities
Attends and presents at client meetings as necessary (working closely with CD or ACD)
Responsible for creating and updating PPT decks for presentation
PPT Design and layout of additional client presentation resources unrelated to any creative campaigns, such as internal HR Documents.
Light UX Thinking
Working through user flows and page content as part of a larger team wireframe discussion
Providing Design Oversight
Giving direction, feedback, mentoring, and training junior designers in the Atlanta HQ
- 4-6 years of experience, with a minimum of 3 years designing in an agency environment
- Strong design portfolio with a 4-year degree
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Is detail-oriented and has the ability to quality control their own projects
- A solid knowledge of the latest versions of the Adobe Creative Suite, Word and PowerPoint. Sketch is a plus.
- A solid understanding of online and offline production
- Obsessed with design and art direction, strong knowledge of typography
- Even more obsessed with mentoring and elevating team members
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable - has the ability to work with a small team to get to the finish line
- Experience working with a team of designers, art directors and writers
- Stellar presentation and communication skills - including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and directly to client
- A solid understanding and appreciation of UX practices and user-centered design
- Flexibility and adaptability in responding to new assignments and challenges in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with retail or financial institutions preferred, but not required
- Some travel may be required
- Fully paid employee health care with family options
- Paid vision and dental with family options
- 16 days PTO plus public holidays
- Great work/life balance